Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Feeling better

It has been 25 days since my transplant. The roughest 25 days of my life. I am glad that I cannot remember day 0 - 10. It was too brutal. My mouth was so bloody and sore I could barely swallow. I had two angels watching over me Maddie and Monica. Without their devoted care I do not know how I would have made it. Carol was taxed out. The severity of this transplants was well beyond the first. Compare a hand grenade to "Little Big Man."

The staff have been fantastic. It is a dirty job they have and must be tough watching so many people in pain. Somehow they do not lose their empathy.

I am trying to each and drink but not too thrilled by either. I try to eat a little more each day to build strength. It is working slowly

God sent a priest to bring comfort and encouragement, Ft Luke is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment