Friday, May 1, 2015

Last Day of Chemo

Today is my last day of chemo. I will be delighted when this pump and bag come off. Now I rest and recover for the transplant.

The oncologists at Karmanos want me to consider receiving stem cells from a donor. I told them that is only a last resort. I witnessed too many patients with host - graft issues when I was a chaplain. They are testing my sister to see if she is a match. I am still praying that they can harvest enough stem cells from my body to make the point moot.

I meet with the oncologist on Monday and will receive neupogen injections to stimulate my stem cell production. A week later the stem cell harvest will commence. I am more confident than my oncologist.

Yesterday I had a pulmonary function test. My lungs are in good working order. I just wish my endurance was greater. I helped more four cold frames about 15 yds and was worn out. I did the latter so that my former primary care physician could roto till the garden. He is a great guy and has a garden size John Deere. He takes a few hours but he does an excellent job of turning the soil. It makes planting so much easier.

Time to return to my sermon study.

1 comment: