Monday, March 23, 2015

Florida Miracle

March 5 - Set back

On Tuesday I thought that the worst was over. I went to the office and tried to do some work. I noticed that I could not get warm all day. I figured that it was due to the lack of heat in the church. By mid-afternoon I was shivering. I went to supper with a friend and could barely control the shivering. I never even thought that I could have a fever.

After dinner I went home and took my temperature--102. I was suppose to head to emergency when it reached 100.4. Upon arriving at the hospital I received 4 antibiotics, given in 1/2 hour increments to watch for an allergic reaction. I was admitted to the oncology floor. Things were not looking good on Wednesday morning. The medical team was very negative about my plans to travel to Florida for the family vacation. They did not think that my infection fighting WBC would be at a safe level.

The hospital stay was uneventful, except for the WBC kept going downhill.

On Friday I spent sometime standing in a sunny window meditating. I visualized my WBC multiplying. I also sought God's guidance and offered my petitions. I really expected the counts to improve on Sat, however, they only moved from 70 to 190. It needed to reach 1000. Carol and I began to talk about alternative plans. Sat night I spent more time in prayer and meditation.

The Miracle

I went to bed Sat night a little discouraged. I assumed that under the best scenario, Carol would go on Sunday and I would follow on Tuesday maybe Monday if a miracle happened.

On Sunday morning the Fellow entered my room and announced that my count was 1240 and that I was going to be discharged. PTL

Carol and I had to rush around but we packed and drove to the airport in time to board our flight

1 comment:

  1. So thankful you could make the trip, John. Praying that you're holding your own this week.

    ReplyDelete